.

.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

my little celebrity

I woke up this morning, saw the sun shining and decided I needed to get out of the house! It had been way too long! So I got up, pumped, showered and waited for my little monkey to wake up. Soon I heard her as she began her usual ritual upon waking. I tried to capture for you what that entails. Sorry it's a little dark but at least you can hear the squeals and moans. There's usually a couple of neighs (horse noises) but I couldn't catch any on camera. Everytime I hear this in the middle of the night, I sit up, put my glasses on and make sure she is ok... but I'm getting better :)





I don't think she is starving, do you? Look at that belly!!

After feeding her, we packed the diaper bag, loaded the stroller in the car and hurried out in order to have enough time without having to feed her. But we packed a little cooler with a bottle and milk just in case.


1st trip out and where do we go? --the mall, of course! Where else would daddy want to go? :)
We ate at Panera and went to a couple of stores.



It had been almost 2 hours since leaving the house and lil miss was hungry! Good thing we packed a bottle because daddy wasn't done shopping :) After looking around for somewhere to feed her, I ended up going to the bathroom in Macy's. There was a giant room before the actual stalls that looked like a fancy living room with couches so that's where I fed her. You would have thought Alexis was a celebrity with all the attention she got! While I was getting her bottle ready, 2 women in the bathroom stopped to admire her and ended up staying with me the entire time I fed her! I don't know if they were on break from working or if they stayed to make sure Alexis was ok? One of the ladies tried to get me to let her microwave the bottle for me and insisted the nipple to the bottle was too small. I gently told her bottles are not supposed to be microwaved and since I am still breastfeeding, the nipple hole is supposed to be small so she still has to work at sucking and will still go to the breast. Every woman who entered the bathroom had to stop and look at her-- we had quite an audience! Good thing Alexis only wanted 3 ounces because I couldn't wait to get out of there! Even out in the mall, old ladies would stop to peek in the stroller. Overall, our first real outing went great and it felt amazing to get outside, breathe some fresh air and feel the sun! I can't wait until it gets warmer and we can go on stroller rides around the neighborhood. I think we'll plan some more trips out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't believe Alexis is getting so big and gets more beautiful in every picture I see. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete