.

.

Monday, March 1, 2010

happy mom, happy baby

Wow- I never ever thought being a parent would be this hard!! Alexis is a great baby too. I can't imagine taking care of a sick infant or one that cries all the time. Our biggest issue is breastfeeding. I can handle the sleepless nights and getting sharted on. It's the excrutiating pain associated with breastfeeding is what I can't take. I know, I know... it's not supposed to hurt! That's what everyone says. I know it's not supposed to, but it does and it hurts BAD!! After multiple trips to the lactation consultant at the hospital and still not being able to get her to latch on correctly after a month, I decided yesterday to exclusively pump and give Alexis the breast milk with a bottle. I also started giving her a pacifier a couple of days before that due to her wanting to nurse so frequently. So, the 2 things I didn't want to do- give a pacifier and a bottle- and now I have done both. I feel very guilty about not breastfeeding, but I simply could not take it anymore. I was turning into a monster- crying at every feeding, not taking care of myself, yelling at my wonderful husband and feeling plain miserable. I can now actually enjoy being a parent!! I wish breastfeeding would have worked out longer but I feel like I tried all I could do. I am happy to still be providing her with breast milk even though it is coming from a bottle.

So... here are a few recent pictures. She is starting to be awake more, crying less, loves to look around and Albert heard her cooing this morning. She is growing so fast. She has her first doctor's appointment on Thursday for her 1 month check-up-- can't wait to see how much she weighs!






No comments:

Post a Comment