.

.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

6 weeks

Alexis is 6 weeks old today!! She is getting so big and learning new things everyday! I need to start working out my arms so I can carry her around, especially in her carseat-- that thing is heavy!! I can barely get her in and out of the car! Since it was in the 60's yesterday, we packed up the car and went to visit Lolo (Albert's dad) and go shopping, of course! She loves riding around in the stroller and we even tried the Baby Bjorn carrier and she liked that too! She is still in newborn size clothing, but not for much longer! We ran out of newborn diapers so we started on the size 1 and they fit much better! Just in the last week, she has started to smile (and not just the gas smiles!) I just haven't been able to catch any on camera. She can take the pacifier out of her mouth and put it back in. I didn't believe Albert when he first told me about this, but I've seen her do it twice now!

A few of her likes: being held, bath time (except for getting her face washed), back massages, car rides, sitting in her bouncy seat & swing
Dislikes: getting her diaper changed and getting dressed when her clothes have to go over her head


sleeping so peacefully



trying out the baby bjorn around the house



big yawn!!!




this is what i found when i changed alexis today.... all the way up to her armpits
(this was before i even opened the diaper!!!)



whoa! was i shocked when i saw this:



i guess this is what happens when she doesn't go for a day and a half!! up until now, she has always had a little poo in every diaper.
i couldn't believe it!! might have a little bit to do with starting formula too!

there was no way to clean her except to give her a bath!


All clean and lookin' pretty!



She sleeps so well while being held. Many times she will wake up as soon as she is put down to sleep so now I end up holding her just so she'll sleep longer. (I'm holding her now and typing with one hand-- I'm actually getting pretty good at it)



This only lasted a couple of minutes!




sitting in her swing while Mommy scarfed down her lunch



she loves to eat... and get messy!!



Sound asleep and adorable as ever!! She slept here this afternoon for 4 1/2 hours and she's already back asleep after eating now. She's probably catching up from last night after staying up with daddy! Albert took the night shift with her so I could get some uninterrupted sleep in the second bedroom. We decided he would do the 1st half of the night and then switch. I went to sleep a little before midnight and the next thing I knew I woke up, looked at the clock and it was 10am!!! Woohoo! Best sleep ever and it felt amazing! Thank you honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment