I'm not sure what happened but Alexis decided that she no longer needs a nap! For almost a week now, she has refused to take an afternoon nap. She normally sleeps between 2-3 hours daily so I'm not sure how she can just go cold turkey! I've tried everything and she just won't sleep. This has led to early bedtimes though which I'm not complaining about!! She has been falling asleep anywhere between 6pm and 8pm and wakes up between 7am and 8am. She is so exhausted at the end of the day that she has been asking for her milk and to go to bed! Andrew usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 so it has been really nice getting a couple hours to myself!
I know summer isn't going to last forever so I let Andrew open his birthday present from Grandma and Papa about a week early so him and Alexis could have some playing time! Turns out they love it-- no surprise there! They love anything to do with water. They would stay in the bathtub for hours if I let them. Getting Andrew out of the tub ends in a crying tantrum every time!!
Finally a smile from my little mermaid!
She spent the whole afternoon pouring water from one cup into another!
(when she was supposed to be napping)
Andrew got a surprise visit from his friends Elmo and Big Bird this past weekend!
Grandma and Papa came to play and brought some new friends! Poor guy has been teething big time lately and decided Big Bird was a pretty good chew toy!
He loves to give kisses! He can blow kisses but still loves to give big wet ones too-- slobber and all!
This is what I got when I told him to smile!
Silly boy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment