.

.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Look who's 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Happy 1st Birthday Andrew Hudson!!!

He is normally very happy, smiley and easy-going, but this morning was a different story :(  
We took him to the doctor for his 1 year check-up and as soon as the tech walked in the room, he must have sensed what was coming.  He was petrified and cried hysterically until we were done and back in the waiting room, which was probably around 15 minutes!  I felt like I was wrestling an alligator trying to hold him down on the table.  He wouldn't even let go of me to sit on the scale.  I have never seen him so scared and never seen him cry like that!  Even the doctor said she remembered how laid back he normally is.  It didn't help that the 1st thing they did was prick his finger to check his hemoglobin.  Either way, he checked out great and he doesn't have to go back for another 3 months.

Weight: 24 lbs, 15 oz  ~  75th percentile
Height: 30.5 inches  ~  75th percentile
Head:  18.5 inches  ~  ?th percentile (the screams were too loud and I couldn't hear)
Hemoglobin: 13.6

We gave Andrew his 1st taste of milk today with his lunch and will continue to transition him over this week.  The doctor wants him to be bottle-free by the next appointment and I'm certain that will be done... hopefully in the next month.


Look at all his band-aids!!!  He got 3 shots today in his legs and the one on his head is from a fall last week outside on the patio.  Then he pulled a plant stand down on top of himself yesterday and it re-opened the old wound.  I was hoping it would be healed by his big party this weekend but now it won't for sure.  Oh well, it doesn't seem to bother him... just me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment