.

.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

my little pumpkins

We had a fun weekend!  Albert and I went on a date Saturday night so my mom came up to babysit.  We took Alexis to Lolo's house and she had a great time playing with him and Auntie Kristine.  It can be crazy at times with both of them so I thought it would be better to split them up.  My mom stayed home with Andrew and everything went great.  I have to admit I thought about them a lot while we were away and worried even though they were in the best hands... and we even came home at 10pm... haha!!  We are getting so old!  

Grandma stayed for Halloween so I could take Alexis out trick-or-treating.  Poor little guy didn't have a costume this year but he did get to wear Alexis's hat since it didn't fit her.
    






The first 2 houses we went to had bowls of candy outside.  Alexis loved this!  The sign on the door said to take 1 or 2 but Alexis wanted them all :) 


going back for more...



We only went to a few houses in the neighborhood before Alexis got tired of walking and it was getting cold.

She couldn't wait until we got home before enjoying her treats!


I think she would have eaten it all if I would have let her.  She wanted to try it all!  After we came home, we waited for the door bell to ring to hand out candy.  We bought a huge bag of it and only had 5 trick-or-treaters!





Andrew sat in the bumbo for the first time yesterday.  Whether he's being held or sitting in his bouncy seat, he always wants to sit up so I thought he would like it....

and he did!!


napping with mommy today

He's starting to get on a schedule and I love it!  For the past 3 nights, he has slept through the night!!  He's been going to bed between 7 and 8 at night and wakes up between 5 and 7 in the morning!  I try to follow his cues when he starts to get tired so I can catch him before he gets overly tired.  It's so much easier getting him to sleep and I don't have to spend so much time calming him down or bouncing around the house to get him to sleep.  Tonight around 7:30 I noticed he became quiet, started yawning and had been awake for 2 1/2 hours (all cues he might be getting tired) so I took him upstairs and put him in his bed awake.  I came downstairs and turned on the monitor and never heard a peep.  He was sleeping in less than 5 minutes.  I'm going to try to keep doing this so he gets used to putting himself to sleep.  



Albert was playing with him today while I was fixing Alexis lunch.  I noticed he was doing an awesome job holding his head up while he was on his tummy.  The I heard, "Andrew just rolled over!"  I ran in the living room and he was laying on his back!  He rolled over for the first time and I missed it!  Albert rolled him back on his stomach, but of course, he wouldn't do it again!

I looked back to see when Alexis rolled over for the first time and she was about 3 weeks older than he is now.    

Good job little guy!  


Driving to Lolo's house.... it was a long ride so she found ways to keep herself (and us) entertained!



She's been going to gymnastics for a couple of weeks.  She loves to walk on the balance beam and swing on the bars.  And I love that she's getting out of the house, being active and meeting other kids.     

My little girl is growing up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment