.

.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Seventeen Weeks

How far along?: 17 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: 4 lbs
How big is baby?: average size 5 inches, 5 oz
Maternity clothes?: Mostly just jeans, but some of my shirts are starting to get tight around the belly
Stretch marks?: None yet
Best moment this week? Seeing my little one today at the doctor's office! When I told her I fell 2 1/2 weeks ago, she said she would reassure me everything is fine by showing me on the ultrasound... and she was right! I didn't get great pictures this time but loved seeing him on the screen. I think he was waving to me :)
Movement?: No, not yet... I can't wait to feel something
Food cravings?: Not many cravings lately... I usually feel really hungry at meals but end up feeling full very fast. I don't think I'm eating as much as I should.
Labor signs?:No, thank goodness.
Belly button in or out?: In
What I miss: Sleeping through the night without having to get up 2-3 times to pee
What I'm looking forward to: Going back home this weekend with Albert to see family and friends! Not sure if I'm excited for my 10 year class reunion or not...
Milestone: Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

2 comments:

  1. No, I don't know the sex yet. The doctor tried looking today but couldn't tell. Maybe you will be able to tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my best! You should be plenty far along to tell....I knew Tyler by 11 weeks just didn't tell Erin and Pat until later...I wanted to be sure! See ya this weekend!

    ReplyDelete