I can't believe how fast Christmas came this year. I'm actually sad to take down the tree and decorations! Although I'm not a big fan of winter and the cold weather, I love Christmastime.... being with family and seeing the kids so excited makes it all worth it. Alexis and Andrew both loved helping me decorate the tree and wrap presents. Albert did an awesome job of hanging lights outside this year and they wouldn't have gotten turned on if it wasn't for Alexis doing it every night. As soon as it got dark, she turned them on as well as the lights on the tree. She loved playing hide-n-seek and hiding under tree!
We have gotten quite a bit of snow already but it has been so cold that I haven't allowed the kids out to play much. One morning they let me sleep in and when I woke up I looked out the window to find them all outside.... no wonder it was so quiet :)
We decorated gingerbread houses for the 1st time and it was so much fun! We're definitely going to do this every year!
drinking tea and decorating the snowflake and santa ornaments that Grandpa hand carved
Alexis had a lot of holiday projects at school. It's so fun to see what she brings home in her backpack each day.
She made reindeer food at preschool so on Christmas Eve we went out and she sprinkled it all over. It had special glitter in it so that Santa would know which house was hers!
Both sets of grandparents came over on Christmas Eve and we had a fun day of chatting, playing and eating. The kids were excited because they got to open the presents from Lolo, Lola, Grandma and Papa!
Alexis got her wish as she came down the stairs on Christmas morning and saw a bow & arrow that Santa had brought for her!
She shot "arrows" all day long on Christmas and it's now 4 days later and she's still loving it!
Another one of her favorite gifts was a little kitten that purrs and moves its paws from Grandma and Papa. She has slept with it every night and keeps it under the covers with her. The first night when I was tucking her in for bed I asked her what she was going to name her kitty and she said, "Miss Kara." I smiled and cried as I left the room.
We all took turns playing 'bow and arrow' with Alexis.
Even though Andrew got lots of "boy toys" (I just didn't get many pictures), he still insisted on trying on Alexis's new dress she got. He added the headband for a few extra laughs ;)
Can't wait for Christmas with the Smock's next weekend!!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment