We've been spending a lot of time outside recently........ the weather has been beautiful and in the back of my head, I know it's not going to last much longer so I want to spend as much time outside as we can. The kids love flying kites, drawing each other with chalk on the driveway, racing up and down the sidewalk on their bikes and taking stroller rides around the neighborhood.
flying a kite in his pj's!
taking a quick break from working in the yard to let Alexis trace his outline on the driveway.... i guess Andrew needed a break too!
Now that we know how to tell when the watermelon are ready, the kids love helping us pick them!
he loves throwing the ball and thinks it's so funny to watch me crazily run down the driveway to get the ball before it goes int he street!
We've been taking advantage of the zoo in Aurora a lot lately. The kids love it! It's really close and best of all, it's free!!
Alexis wanted so bad to sit on top of this creature ( I can't for the life of me think of it's name right now.) She wasn't too thrilled when Albert tried this.
Now she's happy!!
Grandma and Papa came last week/weekend to help babysit. One night we went downtown Oswego for pizza and ice cream!!
Ice cream makes them both VERY happy!!
Thanks Grandma and Papa for the rock!
Two days in a row, Andrew fell down the stairs. I heard the first one. It was the whole way down. I'm glad I didn't see it because my heart would have probably stopped. Very scary.... lots of tears but no apparent injury. The next day I was doing laundry while he was napping and all of a sudden heard him crying hysterically. I ran and found him at the bottom of the stairs, crying and holding his head. He had a little cut and a big bump on the side of his head. He held the Elmo ice pack for about 10 minutes and I think it really helped.
For about a month, Andrew has become very attached some of his toys. He loves to carry around little cars and trucks everywhere we go. It was pretty funny the other day we went to Meijer grocery shopping and he took his little toy snake. It's about 2 feet long, so not so little, I guess. He walked around the store carrying it and we got quite a few different responses. The funniest was a little girl probably about 8 years old, screamed when she saw it! Anyway, he loves to sleep with a stuffed sea otter and polar bear and a little toy train. He wakes up in the night, carries these toys with him to wake us up and then back to bed. I think that may be why he fell down the stairs because both times he was going down the stairs trying to carry all of his friends.
Doesn't she look so big?!
She is loving preschool! We got her school pictures back today and they are so cute! I knew she would like it but she is really doing so well! The teacher told me today that she is talking a lot more, laughed a lot today and was chasing the boys around at the playground!! I love seeing what she brings home in her backpack each day!
I took the kids (by myself!) to the outlet mall a couple of days ago! They walked right to Auntie Anne's for pretzel nuggets and ICEE's!!
Andrew and mommy's coffee break while Alexis was at school today!















No comments:
Post a Comment