.

.

Monday, September 5, 2011

We made it through the day!!

So, I've been anxious for this day to come...  the 1st day with both kids by myself.  No mom or Albert to help me keep an eye on Alexis while I fed Andrew, or watch Andrew while I put Alexis down for a nap (which takes about an hour these days.)  It all worked out though and much better than I had anticipated!!  I took Andrew's monitor with me so I could peek at him while I laid with Alexis.  Only about 10 minutes into our ritual of Alexis standing up and trying to escape out of bed and me picking her up and laying her down-- over and over again, I saw that Andrew was wiggling around like crazy and wanted to eat.  I told Alexis to lay down and take a nap and I would come back.  I wasn't sure what she would do because I've never done that before but I turned on her monitor while I fed Andrew in the other room.  She looked through her books, jumped around on the bed and banged on the door a few times.  About 20 minutes later, Andrew was done and I put him down to go check on Alexis because occasionally she would go to the other side of the room and I couldn't see her on the monitor.  I opened the door to find her asleep in bed!!!  I could NOT believe it!  This whole time I had spent hours laying with her when all I had to do was leave and she would eventually (not long really) fall asleep on her own!  She must have gotten bored and decided to sleep.  No tears or anything.  How easy was that!  
Andrew was sleeping too so instead of doing the million things I needed to around the house, I decided to take a nap too!  We all slept for 2 hours and 15 minutes!! 

My little guy is 3 weeks old today!!


I was excited to take Alexis to the Labor Day parade today in Naperville.  She enjoyed watching the first few groups walking by and danced to the bands but preferred going up and down the side walk and playing in the grass more.  Albert put a cute little dress on her but we had to change outfits because it was only 50 degrees out!  
Buuurrrr!!  I'm not ready for cold weather!





No comments:

Post a Comment