I went to my 37 week appointment today excited, yet nervous to find out if Baby Mogul was still breech and to hear what the plan was going to be... to be honest I knew that she hadn't flipped and we were really going to be scheduling a c-section... and that's what happened. My mom and Albert went with me to my appointment and got to see her big head up near my left ribs where it always is. We also found out she is butt down with her knees bent, kind of in a squatting position, so not a position to deliver naturally. We (very) briefly discussed the external version technique but the doctor said I was not a good candidate due to my placenta being anterior (all along the front of my abdomen) and that there isn't a lot of amniotic fluid in there to ease in moving. Great news to me-- it's not something I was interested in anyway. So, after I left the appointment I called and scheduled my c-section for Thursday, January 28!!! Just 5 days before her due date! It is so strange to think we will be meeting her in 17 days!! That is, unless she decides to make her debut before then. I am starting to feel more ready as time goes on. My mom and I went shopping all day (literally) yesterday and got everything off my registry that I still needed. So just a few more loads of laundry and a little organizing and I will be ready!
I will post some pictures later from my work shower this past weekend-- had a wonderful time and got some wonderful gifts!!
I will post some pictures later from my work shower this past weekend-- had a wonderful time and got some wonderful gifts!!

No comments:
Post a Comment