(what the heck is a jicama?? i wish they would pick normal foods that i've actually heard of)
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.Whoa! The past 2 weeks have really flown by! Pretty soon Christmas will be here! I haven't even started my shopping yet... or put up the tree! That was on my list of things to do today, however after my doctor's appointment, lunch at Olive Garden (I'm in love with soup, salad & breadsticks) and a 2 1/2 hour nap... I'm thinking curling up in front of the fireplace with hot apple cider and a book sounds much better that getting frustrated putting up the tree. And it would be more fun if Albert was here to help me... so I think the tree will have to wait until Wednesday :)
Albert and I went to our 1st prenatal class over the weekend. We chose to take the "marathon" class all in one day instead of a going one night a week over a 6 week period due to our work schedules. The teacher of the class was wonderful and I wish we could afford to hire a doula, or midwife like her. We practiced different breathing techniques, sitting on birthing balls, timing contractions and tons more that although I loved learning, I have to admit kind of freaked me out. Just the thought of not knowing when this is all going to happen makes me a little nervous. I know Albert will be a great "coach" though and will help me get through it all. My plan as of now, it to go natural... for me, meaning no epidural, but I know plans can change quickly so I'm not set against anything, just going to try. As of now, Baby Mogul is still breech and that is also making me nervous as she has been throughout the pregnancy. I know there is plenty of time for her to flip but the space inside is also getting more and more cramped as time goes on. When I mentioned it to the doctor today, she said we will discuss it at my 36 week appointment.... so we have 4 weeks.... please little one... do a somersault or something. I have been reading ways to help her do this: doing headstands in a pool, lie on the floor and walk your feet up a wall and then put pillows under your lower back, taking a warm bath and then putting a bag of frozen vegetables on the abdomen where her head is, accupressure, going to a chiropractor and many more. Sooo, I know much of this sounds crazy, but I did try kneeling on the couch and put my head down on the floor. After less than 10 seconds, I had to get up because I thought my head was going to explode from the rush of blood. I think I'll wait before trying anymore of these :) If anyone knows any tricks- let me know!
Total weight gain/loss: +23 pounds... I got a "look" from the doctor today but she didn't say anything (my books say anywhere between 21 and 29 pounds at this point is normal so I don't feel so bad)
Maternity clothes: Yep
Stretch marks: Ummmm.... do I really have to answer? I think I see the beginnings of some on my side :(
Sleep: Not great. It is hard to turn from side to side and I woke myself up multiple times overnight from my heavy, congested breathing. The teacher of the class we went to says this is normal and it will most likely get worse... poor Albert!
Best moment this week: Past 2 weeks: going home for Thanksgiving, baby shower with my friends from back home, having Dawn confirm the baby is going to be a girl and seeing the hair on the back of her head on the sono! Although she didn't cooperate with getting some 3D pics, it was great to see her again-- thanks Dawn!!
Movement: Lots and lots! I love it when I can see movement from the outside!
Food cravings: Soup, Salad & Breadsticks from Olive Garden! We went today for the 2nd time in less than a week
Gender: Girl!! =)
Belly button in or out?: In- and I'm thinking it's going to stay that way
What I miss: getting up easily from lying/sitting down
What I am looking forward to: Getting the wooden letters in the mail that I ordered that spell her name. I'm planning to hang them somewhere in her room, probably above the crib..... yes, we picked a name but are keeping it a secret until she arrives!
Weekly Wisdom: Still trying to drink enough water
Milestones: Making it to month 8! Only 8 weeks to go!

Ummm where's the belly picture for this week???!!! I bet the baby shower was lots of fun. I would imagine that it makes having the baby that much more exciting (just so you can use the stuff). As for the doula part, why don't you just have someone in the room (other than albert) that knows you and your wishes well,(and is familiar with the natural progression of labor and delivery) who can just keep you focused on your plan and remain calm? It's easy for you to lose your focus or "just give in to the doctor" if you are in agony and scared. But if you have someone speaking up for you and being your advocate, I think you'll be more likely to follow through with your original birth plan. That's what I plan on doing if my day ever comes.
ReplyDelete