.

.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Woo hoo!!! I passed!

So I found out this morning that I passed my 1 hour glucose test I took on Monday- it's the one where they check for gestational diabetes. For some reason, I was really nervous about the results and am now much relieved. The blood work did show that I'm slightly anemic though. It's not bad enough that I need to take an extra supplement but I do need to increase the iron intake in my diet. The nurse was telling me some foods that are high in iron and one thing she mentioned was liver. When she said it she kind of scrunched up her nose and looked at me. You can probably imagine her face when I said, "Oh, I love liver!" She was shocked! It's actually been quite a while since I've had any. So, who wants to come over and go out for liver with me? :) I don't especially like cooking it myself, although I used to in college. Albert doesn't even like eating next to me at a restaurant when I do order it! Maybe I'll just have to take it to-go some night he is working.

Ok- enough about that... nothing else exciting is going on. I'm getting excited to go back home for Thanksgiving in 2 weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. umm eewww! The thought of eating liver makes my skin crawl. More power to ya sista. :D I'm glad to hear you passed your glucose test though. Good girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed on the menu this morning, that IHOP has fried liver and onions on their menu. You'll have to check it out !! Let me know and I'll be up

    ReplyDelete