.

.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Alexis is turning 17 months old on Monday! As she gets older, I keep thinking, "this is such a fun age!" and it just keeps getting better! She is learning new things every minute and saying new words everyday. She can now say: hi, hey, hello, bye, mama, daddy, mamaw (grandma), eat, hop, Elmo, uh-oh, up, yes, thanks, baby, bubbles and hot. She is very into copying what she sees us do or other people or kids. She loves to give kisses, more to her babies than us, but it's so cute! She can give "high 5's," throw kisses, zip and unzip her diaper bag, color, blow bubbles and she loves to carry around purses and bags. Her favorite song right now is The Wheels on the Bus. In preparing for the new baby, Alexis has been out of her crib for almost 2 weeks and moved into our 2nd bedroom. She's sleeping either in her new toddler bed Grandma & Grandpa got her or the queen bed we took off the frame and put on the floor. She has done amazing-- never woken up in the night and wakes up in the morning after sleeping 11-12 hours happy! I did not think the transition would be so easy! I'm going to enjoy the sleep because in about 7 weeks I won't be getting any.


She loves to play outside and in her pool!








I wonder where she learned this :)





playing in the park with Grandpa





As soon as we took the bed out of Grandma & Grandpa's car, she was already climbing in!


downtown Naperville





Different day but same fountain in Naperville... she had to dip her feet like the other kids!


eating grapes at her picnic table


Riding a little bike in the store... might be our next purchase!


Nap time has been a struggle lately. It takes her between 30 minutes and an hour and a half to fall asleep at nap time. For 2 days in a row, I tried for 2 hours and gave up. One day she didn't take one at all and this day, she fell asleep eating dinner, which she has never done before. It was about 5:45pm. I didn't know what to do!


I decided to let her take a short nap on her couch in the living room. About 45 minutes later, she wasn't moving so I took her up to bed and she slept until 7 the next morning!!


just chillin' with her bunny friend


playing outside with her bubbles





She had way too much fun in the dryer!! I had to take her out 30 minutes later kicking and screaming because she didn't want to get out! She didn't understand we had to go downstairs because there was a tornado warning!


For Father's Day, Albert's sister got him a bike trailer so Alexis can go along with him on his bike rides! The first time, she was hesistant about getting in but once she went on a ride, she didn't want to get out! What's awesome is it is also a jogging stroller! Thanks Kristine!!



We took our 1st trip to the zoo this week! I didn't get any pictures of the animals because I was too busy chasing her around, but she I think she liked the ducks the most. Really, I think she just wanted to get in the water with them :)













No comments:

Post a Comment