Time is really flying by-- I know I say that all the time, but I can't believe how fast Alexis is growing! She is already 5 1/2 months old and learning new things everyday! She is now sitting up with very little assistance. And while in her crib today, I watched her scoot herself on her tummy from one side to the other-- this is the first time I've seen her doing any type of crawling. She loves listening to music and my singing-- out of tune and all :) Her favorite song for awhile has been "skinnamarinky dinky dink." She smiles and laughs throughout the whole thing. She still loves to eat and has now tried bananas and sweet potatoes-- so far she likes the sweet potatoes best. She now wants to hold the spoon when she eats and it gets everywhere! On the scale at Grandma & Grandpa's last weekend, she weighed about 16 1/2 pounds!
Right now she loves to explore.... and touch everything.... including the person's face that is holding her. She touches my eyes and nose, pulls on my ears and hair and even puts her fingers in my mouth! And she still has a love for her feet and sucks on her toes regularly. We go through about 6 bibs a day because she is a drool machine!
When she is in her saucer or crib and is ready get out, she will hold her hands out to be picked up... she is so smart!! I love it when I get home from work and go to see her and she puts her arms out to me and snuggles up to me when I pick her up!!
One last exciting thing going on in our lives.... our townhouse is officially on the market as of today. We have been thinking about trying to sell it for awhile and we finally decided to just go ahead and try and see what happens. So.... I guess we'll just see what happens :)
When she is in her saucer or crib and is ready get out, she will hold her hands out to be picked up... she is so smart!! I love it when I get home from work and go to see her and she puts her arms out to me and snuggles up to me when I pick her up!!
One last exciting thing going on in our lives.... our townhouse is officially on the market as of today. We have been thinking about trying to sell it for awhile and we finally decided to just go ahead and try and see what happens. So.... I guess we'll just see what happens :)

No comments:
Post a Comment